The length of the Resume should be kept in mind while applying for the job. There is a general belief among the people that they need to wad their work experience in a single page itself. But it is not true. Generally the amount of pages depends upon the position you are seeking, your work experience and any application guidance that the company itself has given in the job description.
It does not depend on the length of the Resume but it depends on the necessary content and how that content relates to length.
- Every word of your resume should have a purpose or else they should be cut out.
- Your resume must be a career marketing tool and it must not be an autobiography.
- Keep your resume concise.
- Highlight your skills.
- Keep your sentences short and straight that sells your key points to the employer.
- Stick to relevant details.
- Format your resume properly.
- Use appropriate fonts, text size, margins.
- Justify the pages of your resume if you do need to write it more than two pages long.
Resume Length must be:
- 1 – 2 pages for junior candidates.
- 3 – 4 pages for senior candidates.
The length can be more than two pages if it consists of valuable content. In every resume, the first 10-15 lines are the most important ones. They only motivate a recruiter to read on or to stop.
Most of the resumes end up in the trash before spending any useful time in the employer’s hand. Don’t let yours end up in the same fate! Better know about the formats before writing and follow some best tips to make your resume to sell yourself to the employer.